R.I.P. Walter Becker...

I’ve not read that and it sounds good, I think I’ll get a copy. I did re-watch the video someone posted.Yes, to your whole play-list on the band. I’m glad I saw them that one time, but, I was just a kid and I wish I’d seen some of their later shows. At least we have the DVDs of those. One of the guitar magazines did a Rig Rundown video with the guitarist on tour with them from some years ago, it wasn’t a great video, but I enjoyed seeing instruments and some of sounds he was using.

I love almost all their songs from the different periods, I’d be hard put to name anything less than a top 10 – Green Earrings, Glamour Profession, Brooklyn Owes The Charmer, the whole book is good with lots of gems…

You probably know this, but in one article I read that Walter Becker went to Styvesent High School, which is the same one that Jazz legend T. Monk when to. Frank McCourt, the author of Angele’s Ashes, also taught there. Anyway, missing Walter.

Great site! Thank you. I didn’t have that one.

Let’s not forget Walter Becker’s solo albums, “11 Tracks Of Whack” (with the mind-blowing “Surf And/Or Die”) and “Circus Money”. After years of only Fagen solo albums, it was “11 Tracks Of Whack” that reminded me of what was missing.

Really sad, a really great musician.
R.I.P.

I don’t listen to those enough. Good mention.