RADAR now runs Nuendo & Pro Tools!

I just saw this in the latest issue of S.O.S Magazine. RADAR studio runs DAW software natively

So, what do you think?

Great technical achievement and no doubt it will be just what some users want, but really what is the point?

DAW software has been able to set us free from costly and rapidly obsolescent hardware recording systems. Why would I sign up to that model again?

Radar was a brilliant niche product for its time - a digital hard disk replacement for analogue tape, which could slide effortlessly into late 90’s studios alongside the big mixing desk and the racks of outboard processors. We can debate the finer points of whether the room full of kit costing $00000s sounded better than the software I use today, but I lived and worked through the whole revolution from the late 70’s on and I’m sticking with what I have now, thanks.

Good luck to them though.

+1

What he said !

As a comparison, Omnisphere 2 is what a Fairlight/Synclavier/Emulator system dreamt to be on those times (and I couldn’t afford them).
At 3 figures cheaper, today is a marvelous time.

I don’t know. I really like the idea of a ROCK SOLID, dead simple stability of a dedicated recorder with the BEST AD/DA CONVERTERS in existence having the added power of a fully functioning Nuendo DAW! :sunglasses:

When’s the last time you heard of a RADAR system crashing, or having a particular function stop working because another manufacturer changed their driver without notifying the other companies who used their product in their units? I’ve never heard of having to re-seat a dongle for a RADAR system to function. Because of it’s reliability, it sounds like the perfect solution for LIVE EVENT recording. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss it. :wink: