Rain over Dubai

Hi,

Been a while but again music is a life long hobby of mine and I do not really care about commercial opportunities, just having a lot of fun making the music I want rather than what could possible sell :slight_smile:

Having that in mind, I named my latest tune Rain over Dubai and both are a bit strange :smiley:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

Hi Tor-Bjarne,

As always, such a fabulous sound! Congratulations. I can tell youā€™re having fun, too, as the piece is really infectious.

At first, I was taken to the middle east and it sounded like a really atmospheric thriller/adventure soundtrack for a movie. Then the guitar came in. That really threw me for a bit. Great playing but the tone was a bit incongruous for my taste. Had it been more of an oud or similar instrument sound it may have worked better for me. As it came and went and came back again, though, I really appreciated your touch and the fusion of the styles washed over nicely. Then it all endedā€¦ I want more!

All the best

Jonathan

Hi Moggs,

Thank you so much much appreciated :smiley:

And yes, an oud would probably be better, but I`m a guitar player so ā€œeverythingā€ somehow gets a guitar solo :smiley:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

Another wild TBH piece! If it didnā€™t have a distorted guitar solo in it, I wouldnā€™t believe it was your piece. If it was a string quartet, it would have a guitar solo in the middle. This one sounds really good, and Iā€™ve come to appreciate the incongruity.

Hi Early21,

Thank you so much :smiley: - I actually made some earlier pieces without any guitar, but my wife said she didn`t want to listen to my music without any guitar, so for the peace in our home I did what every man has to do eventually anyhow ā€¦ a compromise 100% in her favor :innocent: :cowboy_hat_face:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

1 Like

Gave me a good laugh thereā€¦ cheers!

1 Like