Random and Extremely Loud white noise

I have no idea what could be causing this to be honest. It only started popping up recently.

Sometimes, when I’m switching between midi instruments that are mostly routed from VE Pro, I get this insanely huge white noise sound. It comes on literally like how you switch channels on a TV when we used to use antennas. Nothing has really changed much about my system other than overclocking the RAM to 2333 Mhz. Does anybody have a similar issue or am I alone on this? I’m afraid to use headphones because of this issue as it’s loud enough to hurt my ears every time it happens.

System details
Ryzen 7 1700 @3.7 Ghz
32Gbs of DDR4 RAM at 2333 Mhz
GTX 1060 6gb
Scarlet 2i2
EastWest Composer Cloud routed in VE Pro

1 Like

A thought…
Does the VST have a permanently activated license? It might be noise introduced by a trial version.

Regards :sunglasses:

I’ve been fishing around and licenses seem like a culprit. There a possibility that EastWest may have been sending out the white noise, but they were reactivated recently. My Roland Cloud subscription is currently offline but I technically don’t have any of them loaded into my current project. I don’t need Roland Cloud atm so I might actually try to remove it from Cubase and see if that works. Thank you!

Hi,

I was wandering if you solved this problem. I’m having exactly the same issue right now.

Thanks!

1 Like

I am having this exact same problem, but I have no trial VSTs running. Did you find a solution in the end?