Random crashes Cubase 9.5.10 [MAC OSX]

Thanks. Initialising preferences, is the only trick on that list which I haven’t tried (I’m a Software Engineer by day, so am used to investigating this kind of thing). I’ll give it a whirl tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion to initialise preferences. So far, it’s looking OK. …but I’ve been in this position before and things went South. Fingers crossed!

That seems to have solved my problem! Thanks!

:smiley:

I just always wonder, what kind of preferences mismatch could cause the crash. I would always like to get the faulty preferences, to be able to duplicate the crash and point to some specific settings. :slight_smile:

Here’s your chance: :wink: Macro and Logical Editor Bugs - Cubase 9.5 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Unfortunately, I had a random crash in the middle of working with a project today, so still not yet out of the woods.

Hi! Pity, same problem on my mac. One lucky start out of 99. Any suggestions, my friends?
Cubase 9.5_2018-02-09-134945_Denyss-MacBook-Pro.crash.zip (22.4 KB)

Hi and welcome,

The crash is in Cubase – MIDI area. Could you try in Safe Start Mode, please?

I resolved it, and sent to Steinberg.

Hi @DenPovaliy,

Do I understand you right, you cannot start Cubase in 99%? So Cubase really even doesn’t start?

Have you tried the Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi there. I’m having major crash issues as well. Happens when I

1. save with a shortcut
  2. try and close the new editor panel
    Not consistently, but regularly.
    I’m attaching the crash file…
    Cubase 9.5_2018-03-09-145353_Charl-2.crash.zip (26.4 KB)

Hi,

As I can see, you are still using Cubase 9.5.10. Update to the latest version 9.5.20. Is there are still crashes, send a new crash file, please.

Hello.

Last days crashing my Cubase Artist v. 9.5.0.55 very often.

Please help me.
Archive.zip (408 KB)

Hi and welcome,

First of all, you are using Cubase 9.5.0. Update to the latest 9.5.50, please.

Some crashes are in the plug-ins, I would recommend to update them too:

• RC 48.FX.vst
  • Driver.FX.vst
  • com.tritik.krush
  • VC 76.FX.vst

I updated Cubase and now everythings works for this moment.

Thank you so much !