Random pitch bend data

Has anybody had the experience of Dorico inserting random pitch-bend data during playback? Latest Dorico, latest Big Sur versions, Mac Pro.

I haven’t, but I’ve seen lots of people mentioning this in all sorts of different music software and 99 times out of 100, it’s dirty contacts in the pitch bend wheel of a controller keyboard… Try wiggling the pitch bend wheel on your controller and see if it stops…

P

Thanks for the reply. This is a good suggestion. However, if I disconnect my MIDI keyboard during playback, I still get the same random pitch bend data.

That might be because it’s already recorded in the file…

P

Does the problem occur in all projects, or just one? If the problem is isolated to a particular project, please attach it here so we can take a look.

Thanks for the reply. I have been doing a bit of experimenting with this problem. What I have recently discovered is that it also occurs with Finale playback, even with the MIDI keyboard disconnected. That seems to potentially point to VSL, unless you have any other ideas. Turning off all pitch bend data in Vienna Instruments of course stops the problem without solving it, but that is ok for now.

Yes, I suppose it might be worth contacting the team at VSL with a minimal reproducible case to see if they have any ideas as to what might be happening.