Random sound change

I’m not sure what happened here, but Dorico unexpectedly shut down on me, and when I opened it back up, my snare drum sound had changed from snare drum to rim clicks. It has since changed back and forth twice. Right now, it’s clicks when I want snare drum.

I can’t think of any rational explanation for this, but if you’re using Dorico’s default sound library, you might try going to Play > Playback Template and re-applying the default HSSE+HSO (Pro) playback template.

I’m using Note Performer and not running Logic at all and it’s still randomly playing pitches a half step lower than notated…

Are we talking about pitches or snare drum here? If you cannot describe the problem clearly, it will be hard to find a solution.

Two separate issues that arose from the same crash. My snare drum sound is now the sound of on the rim rather than snare and I haven’t been able to get it to go back to snare sound.

Dorico shut down on me a couple of days ago, and since then my snare drum is sounding like rim clicks rather than snare drum. I’ve read about changing the performance technique but nothing is happening…

Please don’t double post.
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/random-sound-change/784286/4

Allow me to repeat my earlier advice:

If you have problems finding your previous posts, you can click on your little avatar in the top right-hand corner of the site, and from there click the little human head icon, then click Activity, which will take you to a page summarising all of your threads and replies.