Random transpostion

In addition to my previous post about random sound changes, I am now having an issue with random transposition. Sometimes my playback is 1 half step lower than the note I’m entering on my midi keyboard. It’s totally weird and random…

This is almost always a mismatch in sample rates between software – the OS, Dorico, and plug-ins. If one thing is at 44.1 Hz and another at 48 Hz, then you get a pitch shift.

How do I fix that?

That did it, I think! I changed both sample rates to 48K and it seemed to fix the issue.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, it’s still happening. Sometimes I’m getting a simultaneous 1/2 step on my midi device and in my Dorico playback. Also, the pitch change occurs randomly. I’ve set the sample rate on Dorico and on my Mac to 48K; what am I missing?

Are you running any other music software simultaneously? Cubase/Logic/Nuendo/Sibelius etc. all have the power to change the audio device’s sample rate.

Actually, I am running Logic Pro simultaneously…

Right, so what’s the sample rate in Logic? Dorico’s fine with 44.1k or 48k, but whichever it is should match the Logic project.

That’s the thing; Logic’s sample rate is set at 48K just as Dorico’s is. I’ve checked them both but still having the issue…

Dr. David W. Campo
Professor Emeritus of Music
Stephen F. Austin State University