Raven Piano sound?

How do I find the Raven Piano sound in Dorico 4?

Welcome to the forum. It’s not loaded in Dorico by default. You’ll need to add it as a third-party VST.

Not sure, but I think this is included in the Halion 6 bundle? Separate commercial product from Steinberg.

@Andro , if you have installed the Raven sound library, then also HALion Sonic SE should be able to play it. When you open the Steinberg Library Manager, does it list the Raven library?

I’m not the OP.

@Andro , sorry for the mistake.

@paigewheeler, if you have installed the Raven sound library, then also HALion Sonic SE should be able to play it. When you open the Steinberg Library Manager, does it list the Raven library?

Since I do a lot of work with piano, I’d be interested to know where one can obtain that sound library.

Thank you all. I did not realize that it was a separate commercial product. I am still interested in where to find it. Thanks again.

No, it is not a separate product but comes together with HALion 6.

I see. It’s also in Absolute 5 I see. Thanks.

Dear Ulf, I tried making Raven work in HSSE but could not reach the library, whereas I could find it in Halion 6… Is there some extra step to make this instrument found by HSSE ?

Ehm, to be honest, I don’t know. I always thought that HSSE can “see” everything, provided that a valid license is around.

But if it is only part of Halion 6 licence then wouldn’t you have to own Halion 6 to have it anyway, in which case why use HSSE?

@paigewheeler may I ask if this is actually specifically about having Raven in particular, or a good piano in general?

No case in particular. But I find it rather strange that I can access Raven through Halion 6, and not through HSSE (which is the default library in Dorico unless decided otherwise in the Preferences). This thread simply reminded me that I had Raven, and probably never used it… because I did not remember about it, especially since it does not show in the HSSE libraries.

Sure, you have to own a HALion 6 license in order to use the Raven Piano, but given that, you should be likewise able to play it from HSSE.

@MarcLarcher , so even if you search in HSSE in the MediaBay window in the search field for Raven, it does not show up?

Of course one can also load HALion into Dorico, but it is a bit odd. By default HSSE is used in all templates and it is more resource efficient, if you’d just add a Raven into a free slot in HSSE rather than loading an own HALion instance

1 Like

Nope…

If you are an experienced piano player I wouldn’t waste your time with the Raven and Eagle…

Hi @folkfreak what would you recommend? I have half a dozen concert grand VST’s that I oscillate between, but like surfers searching for the perfect wave somehow I am never satisfied…

But perhaps the OP has a specific desire for Raven.

PianoTeq is the fan favorite around here. I like it, but I slightly prefer Keyscape.

1 Like