RE : Artist 6 to Artist 8 (reinstallation?)

. . . also:

I purchased CAMTASIA (video software) on Friday last with a view to making some You Tube type videos in the near future. And of course it has SCREEN CAPTURE tools which obviously would be necessary for the videos (which, incidentally, will all be music related).

So again, I INSTALLED the new software on my Win7 yesterday, no problem.

But would you keep the Win8 a CAMTASIA-free-zone?! Thereby meaning any such tutorial videos (call them what you will!) will all be created exclusively on the Win7?

Much appreciated,

Paul

It all comes down to how powerful the video editing computer needs to be, if the lesser machine will do the job, then do it on the Win7 machine.
A “Homegroup” is a Windows built-in filesharing method that is easy to use and works well, check it out.
B.

Cheers Benji,

Well the CAMTASIA TRIAL version seemed to work ok (for what I wanted at least) on the Win7 when I sampled it last year. I am just thinking it’s another possible bloatware elimination for the Win8?!

Ok ta, I am on the MS/Windows forum site so I will take a look at some point.

Best,

Paul

Paul,
how’s the state of the project? :wink:

B.

Thanks Benji,

I wanted to get all my CUBASE etc softwares downloaded but I was locked out of MY STEINBERG until yesterday so had to get that sorted out (bit of a complicated nightmare!).

I am INSTALLING ARTIST 8 tonight on my Win8.

I will then be INSTALLING HALion, GRAND3 and some others, but they will be on the WD 2TB external HD. The WD HD is registered, and auto-upload-cloud-storage DISABLED (I don’t want My Documents etc STORED elsewhere!) and working fine with the Win8.

The Win8 boots-up faster with the new SSD in.

Best,

Paul

Yup. :mrgreen:

Hi,

CUBASE 8 is nearly a 10GB download so it looks like it’s going to take a couple of hours.

This will be the FIRST thing I have INSTALLED so far on the REFORMATTED Win8. :sunglasses:

Paul

Hi,

Tried twice to download CUBASE 8 but keep getting the following message before I try to INSTALL (please see attachment):

Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul.
I’d move the downloaded archive to a known, non-temp location, unzip it there and install from there.
EDIT: I also think it would be good to install the audio interface before Cubase and make sure you can listen to music through Windows.
Let us know how that went, ok?
B.

Hi,

Say, to My Documents?

Ta,

Paul

For example. :wink:

Hi again,

I have got as far as DOWNLOADING it to My Documents (took 2 x hours! lol).

So I should EXTRACT to the (default) folder location as in the screenshot below please:

Thank a lot,

Paul

Yeah, extract to the same folder “Documents”, install, and if all is well, delete the ZIP and just keep the extracted files. I keep everything I ever downloaded from SB and all plugins.
B.

Hi,

Thanks, I have done exactly that. It (the ZIP) OPENED this time so it obviously made a difference DOWNLOADING it to My Documents. I also took about 10 x SCREENSHOTS along the way.

That’s as far as I have got so far . . .

Ta,

Paul

Benji,

Also DOWNLOADED the DRIVERS for my STEINBERG CI2+ (soundcard).

Fired it all up and it seems OK! I recorded a few bars of my DX21 synth and it played back etc:

From memory, the Win8 seems to OPEN CUBASE faster than before the recent changes. Will this be because of the SSD?

Also, boot-up and down is mega fast :slight_smile:

If this is all correct, then I have some ADMINISTRATIVE settings to address next . . .

Best,

Paul

Hallelujah!
Keep going!!
And:

Yup.

B.

Hi,

I wish I had bought a bloody SSD years ago now!

Do you have a Win8? Or are you on Win7? I may have a couple of ADMIN questions. I Googled but am still a bit unsure (and don’t want to mess anything up :open_mouth: ).

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

I want to make myself the only ADMINISTRATOR and also have CUBASE (and all my other STEINBERG products) AUTOMATICALLY open/run AS ADMINISTRATOR. When this is set, the CUBASE shortcut icon(on the desktop) has a SHIELD ICON above it.

But it was 3 x months ago since I last set this and I can’t remember how to do it!?

Please see screenshots below of PERMISSIONS boxes etc:

admin3.PNG
Thanks in advance,

Paul

Paul, I wouldn’t worry about the admin stuff, just run Cubase. Then again, can’t you just check “Run as Admin” in the shortcut?
B.

Hi,

Yes, that does work of course. I was trying to just simply cut out the middle man in case I ever opened CUBASE without specifying AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Ta,

Paul