Re-authorising/activating C6.5

After an operating hard drive fatal crash, I’ve re-installed Cubase 6.5. Each time I open C6.5 I get an option either to start C6 or re-authorise and there is a time count down to re-authorise. My USB-elicenser is connected to my computer. It is the one that pre-crash I’ve already registered to MySteinberg. Incidentally, it contains a license for Cubase 7 but it’s ok for C6.5. I don’t believe I have to activate again as I have the license showing up on my USB-elicenser already. I’ve ignored the time count down and kept on recording music. The time count time’s now run out and I can’t activate C6. What is the solution ? I’ve un-installed and re-installed to get the message:" The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only once to download or upgrade a license"

Patrick

Maybe an older version of the e-Licenser software was installed with 6.5. Download the latest and install it - all should be good then…

Many thanks for the help. I’ll bash on.

Patrick

I’ve done it. Many thanks. All up and running. I suspect I did have an older version.

Patrick