Re-install Dorico, but keep keyboard shortcuts

Hi!

Is there a way to re-install Dorico, but keep my old keyboard shortcuts? (on Mac)

Keeping also my default settings would be a nice bonus! :slight_smile: but those I could also take from an old file, so that wouldn’t be a problem!

To copy your keyboard shortcut document, please execute the following commands in terminal:

cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steinberg/Dorico\ 3/keycommands_en.json ~/Downloads/

To restore your keyboard shortcut document, please execute the following commands in terminal:

cp ~/Downloads/keycommands_en.json ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steinberg/Dorico\ 3/

If you reinstall Dorico on the same user account, you will automatically retain your existing preferences and keyboard shortcuts.

If you want to move your existing preferences and shortcuts to another computer, the easiest way is to copy and paste the folder at
Mac: /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 3
Windows: %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico 3

Hello and thank you for all the help!

I managed to fix the autosave problem following the instructions from the last post of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=146809

I simply searched finder for “preferences.xml” and deleted it. Then when I opened Dorico a new preferences.xml file was automatically created. And that fixed the problem with the autosave. So in the end I didn’t have to re-install Dorico, since the problem I had was fixed this way :slight_smile: