Re install or Upgrade?

Yes I registered it on the same MySteinberg account as I only have one.

I think I copy and pasted the codes in, although it was a few days ago now. But I did then manually check the codes before submitting them.

Hi,

The only way, how to transfer Soft-eLicenser based license to the new Soft-eLicenser (system/computer) is to go thru the Reactivation process. You cannot activate the Activation Code twice.

I have just done all of that, to no avail.

When I set about today’s thankless task, I went back to the e-Licenser-helper, and got a new e-Licenser code - this is the third one, according to that website. I then entered the new number into the appropriate field as I went through the Reactivation process, opened the e-Licenser in administrator mode, and clicked on “Enter Activation Code” as instructed. I then clicked “Download Licence” and everything seemed to go well. I repeated this for all four licences, and all seemed good.

Well it did until I went to launch Cubase Ai 10.5, at which point I was told “this licence is already in use”!!! Curiously my version of Olympus Choir running in Halion SE still works, although I have no idea why, unless Steinberg haven’t cottoned on to that one yet.
A further problem is that my Yamaha MX61 keyboard is not recognised by the USB interface, and therefore there are no Midi signals to the laptop. However, if I connect it to my old, dying laptop, it still works fine! It might be that I haven’t installed Pro Tools yet, as that has an extension to enable the MX61 to communicate with Cubase. However, the Pro Tools installation procedure require a DAW made by Steinberg to be present, which might be a hint that the MX61 will not work to anything else but Cubase - presumably intended to stop people in my ridiculous position from jumping ship to a competitor. As you are no doubt aware, this seems to be the only option for me, if that is the case. It will mean effectively ditching the MX61 entirely, and using a Midi controller keyboard, and going entirely VST based.

As you might guess I am incredibly frustrated.

And so we continue: early this morning I received an email from Steinberg with “my new activation codes”, something which didn’t happen when I re-activated the licences last time. Aha! I thought, perhaps this is it - the big moment. Until I tried to enter this “new” activation code, only to be told that this code is already in use. In other words, they aren’t new activation codes at all, they are the old ones, confirmed when I checked the numbers.

Good grief! What on earth have I got to do to get Cubase up and running? Get hold of a pirated copy which doesn’t bother with activation codes?

Hi,

Please follow the instructions.

You don’t have to go to the eLCC application. Just reactivate it.