RE: Line Mixer (help?)

Hi folks,

I have been looking for some time now for a 16 x CHANNEL LINE MIXER (pref 1U). This is to run some stereo and mono synths thru in my home/novice studio (Steinberg CI2+ soundcard); and also to use on gigs (to run my Rhodes, Moog, Nord, thru before feeding the MAIN L&R into [two] powered MACKIE SRM 350’s).

There is a BEHRINGER RX1602 (1U) which looks ok, but (as far as I can tell) does not have much in the way of FX SEND/RETURN (the only jack on the rear is MON OUT [apart from L&R MAIN OUT]). I have a (stereo) LEXICON MX reverb unit I was hoping to use to it’s full potential with (thru) it:

Or, there is an ALESIS MULTI MIX LINE MIXER (1U) but this seems very difficult to acquire here in the UK? It only has half the amount of IN’s as the BEHRINGER although the FX SEND/RETURN seems far more sophisticated (on the rear):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alesis-MULTIMIX8LINE-MultiMix-8-Line-Eight-Channel-Stereo-Line-Mixer-/281661787243?hash=item419459cc6b

Apart from these two models, there appears to be zilch else on the market?!

Many thanks in advance guys . . .

Paul David Seaman

i have the beringher here at home to connect gear i am not using often. It indeed has one send out. That is it. It can be assigned individually for the channels though.
But it is like most behringer stuff, wysiwyg. It does the job, and quality is good. The price is the same. Nothing complex though.

There are plenty of analog alternatives but with a rack mixer like this the focal point is on the extra 8 stereo inputs, to be combined in to one stereo signal. It’s not a overall solution. If you need individual settings, one or more cheap analog mixers (not line) could be a better alternative and will cost more or less the same.

I like the rack mixer, since it does the job where i need it for. Low noise, individual volume controle and pannig. (adding an old synth, sampler, and two players that should be able to send some signal, but never at the same time. Good addition for a multi-in/out soundcard when you need some extra inputs.

If you go for budget extras, focus on what you need. It can be a better alternative to have a few 50$ mixers designated for specific gear, combined in to multiple ins on the main soundcard.

fwiw,
kind regards,
R.

Thanks a lot Roel,

I wanted to ask please Reol: do the LED’s light up in both GREEN (for active) and RED (for mute)? In the spec’s it states that the LED’s are DUAL ILLUMINALITY (or words to that effect).

But it is like most behringer stuff, wysiwyg. It does the job, and quality is good. The price is the same. Nothing complex though.

What does WYSIWH mean please mate?

Ideally I would like a 1U or 2U LINE MIXER with 16 x IN’s and good FX SEND/RETURN options. I do not need any EQ or onboard REVERBS.

Thanks,

Paul