Re-Record problems

Recently I upgraded from Cubase 6 to 7.5. Yesterday I was trying te Re-Record function but didn’t work the way I was expecting.
In the score editor I recorded a few notes then hit the record button again and I was expecting that the notes previosuly recorded would be deleted, but this didn’t happened. Each time I hit the record button the notes played were being added to the track instead of deleting the previous ones.
I choosed the “Replace” option in the Transport but it just does’t work.

Any ideas?

Have you enabled the Re-Record function in the Preferences Transport section?

Yes, I have

Re-record works differently for midi and audio, so what you’re seeing is correct.

Also, In addition to setting the midi Record Mode to Replace, the pref MIDI>“Replace Record in Editors” needs to be set to all.

So, if I set to all the pref MIDI>“Replace Record in Editors” the Re-Record will erase the notes recorded previously?
If not is there a way to get the same result by other method?
The Re-Record function was one of the reasons I upgraded to 7.5 … :frowning:

Yes, and Re-record retains all its other functions, and the record mode follows the setting in the transport bar. So you have not completely wasted your money. :wink:

Maybe, what are you trying to accomplish?

What I want is the possibility of deleting automatically the events (notes) recorded previosuly when I press the record button, instead of “undoing” it and record again.

What I want is the possibility of deleting automatically the events (notes) recorded previosuly when I press the record button, instead of “undoing” it and record again.

Hit record while already recording…not after you hit stop.