'Reactivation' for Cubase Essential 5

My brother recently upgraded to Cubase 6 and gave me his older version, Cubase Essential 5 (with USB eLicenser key). The install went smoothly, the product registration went smoothly, but I’m encountering activation trouble because he used the activation code before on his computer.

So, I found out that you can get a new activation code by ‘reactivation’ on the Steinberg website… but there isn’t even an option for Cubase Essential 5 on the reactivation page! Does anyone know what I should do?

This is only a worry of mine because in the eLicenser Control Center, it shows (under the USB eLicenser) that the “All Applications” license is limited. It also shows that the Cubase license is full. Do I need to worry about the limited “All Applications” license, or am I set to go?

If it makes things any clearer, I don’t think I, in this installation of the software, was able to successfully enter the activation code at all. If my brother did it way back when, do I not need to?

So, I found out that you can get a new activation code by ‘reactivation’ on the Steinberg website… but there isn’t even an option for Cubase Essential 5 on the reactivation page!

Reactivation is only necessary / possible for soft e-licensers, Cubase Essential uses USB e-licenser.

don’t think I, in this installation of the software, was able to successfully enter the activation code at all. If my brother did it way back when, do I not need to?

No, you don´t need to. But if your brother really upgraded (instead of buying a full version of C6), he will need this dongle to be able to run C6.

Aw, thanks, big help.

He did buy a whole new version of Cubase 6, to clarify that.

:slight_smile: