Read project BPM without having to open project

Hey,

i would love to have the option to read the bpm of a project just from the .cpr file or a text file in the project folder or something. There are so many times i have to bounce stuff for remixes etc. and forgot to check the bpm and then have to open all the projects again, which takes a while with big projects.
Would be great to have this available without opening a project!

Best
WMD

This is currently possible. The initial tempo of a project file is included in its Mediabay listing.

Logic uses Quicklook on a mac.

Click on a song file and hit the spacebar and a screenshot of the arrange page opens up. It’s a really simple and very useful feature.

I guess we’ll never see it in Cubase unless Windows has a similar feature (cross platform nonsense) which is a real shame.

This is currently possible. The initial tempo of a project file is included in its Mediabay listing.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how can i find a project bpm info in the media bay without the project open?
My mediabay doesnt even show me project files, only audio files.

Run Cubase and open the Mediabay.

thanks! i didn’t know i could enable the “project” attribute, that’s why they didn’t how. But it would still be nice if you don’t even have to open cubase for it and just have it in the file name or something that you can see in the finder/explorer.

Well if you just included the BPM as part of your Project name, you’d have that, e.g. Tedious Song 16BPM.cpr.

This is a super-low-tech solution, but it gets the job done:

I make a text file (.txt) for each Cubase project as it nears completion. In that file, I simply type in basic information like BPM, length of song in minutes/seconds/bars, etc.

So if I need to refer to, say, the BPM of the project later (for example, for the reasons the original poster suggests), I just look in that text file. Simple, and it works.