I’ve found a bug with Realitone Fingerpick that the developers have acknowledged but they can’t reproduce. They no longer have a version of Cubase so I’m hoping someone on here with the instrument can reproduce it. The steps are very simple as follows:
- Create a new project with an instance of Fingerpick and a one-bar looped MIDI or Instrument track with a C Major chord and tempo at 120bpm
- On Fingerpick, select the Travis pattern and set Speed to 1/2
- Hit Play and it should sound fine
- Save and close the project (no need to close Cubase) then re-open it
- Hit Play. If there’s no sound until you hit Stop, you’ve reproduced the Bug! If not, thanks for trying but could you post anyway please?
- The workaround for the bug is to go to Fingerpick and select Speed 1x then immediately 1/2. It will now sound fine again
- Now set tempo to 30bpm and Speed to 2x it should sound the same as before
- Save, close and re-open
- Hit Play and the pattern will sound very different!
- Apply previous workaround - select Speed 1x then immediately 2x and it will be fine again!
I’m using Windows 10, Cubase 8.0.40 and Kontakt 5.6.5 (R13)
If you could give it a go and let me know the results with your specs, that would be great! Thanks very much!