Really need some help with 8 Pro Control room and cue mixes

IT doesn’t change

I can’t figure out why that would be. Seems strange to me but maybe someone else can work it out? Will have a think! :slight_smile:

…hmmm, that is strange indeed. Does it change when you move the master fader for that cue send?

I’m not familiar with the audio device you have but that shouldn’t matter as it’s clearly a multi-output device (having just looked at a web-page).

Can we see a screen dump of your main output (VST Connections, Outputs tab) please?

Its disconnected :slight_smile:

Your project session looks very simple but always worth starting again in a blank new project if you’re trying to troubleshoot something.

In a new empty project, the meter on your Vox cue mix should be showing nothing. Add a single audio track. The meter should still be showing nothing. Then activate the Cue Send on your audio track and you should see a signal showing on your Vox cue mix meter. If this is not the case then I’m a bit lost for answers at the moment. :slight_smile:

Hi JSQ,

I just tried what you said on another project and it worked perfectly! The cue sends are doing what they are supposed to do now, thanks!

The next step is the talk back channel. I have it set up correctly. My Atlas shows signal on AI8 and when I hit talkback it dims the volume, and the cue send has the talkback function enabled but it’s not doing anything. Have I missed a step?

Glad you got it working.

I’m not a frequent user of the Talkback but it sounds like you’ve done everything correctly so assuming your mic/sound card combo is working properly, I’m not sure why you’re not getting talkback to work.

First thing I’d try is verifying 100% that your talkback mic input is working. Make a new input bus in VST Connections (inputs tab) and select the talkback mic channel on your sound card. Set up a new Audio channel and select the mic as the input then you can check if your mic signal is definitely making it through to Cubase.

Hey again. I ensured the mic was working through my audio mixer but for some reason I couldn’t get it to come through on the TB channel or through the control room. I shall try again, rinse and repeat, thanks!

Just to be clear, I didn’t just mean verify the mic itself is working. I’d want to verify that the whole signal path is working, including the software path through to Cubase. i.e. if you select your mic input on a Cubase audio channel, are you able to successfully record a signal from the mic? That will enable you to rule out any problems with your sound card/drivers/routing.