Realtime render chokes and goes into a strange garbled loop state

This happens with realtime render.
Any ideas?
Windows 10 home, 32gb ram, amd

Tried disabling various cloud services from the system tray to no help.

Please check the videolink

https://youtu.be/zotfiqnqFtU


EDIT after disabling the spotify thing from the systray, the render worked until almost the end, then had the hickup and went into this “noise”-mode.
I establsished the fact that the file still plays back, as I let it run the few final seconds until the end, it then stopped and started the next render.

Bump

Please telle me:

  • audio device
  • ASIO block size
  • What plugins are used in the Master Section (and does it matter?)

Hi,
Thanks,

Prism Lyra2
Asio block size I’ve tried 256, 512, 1024 and 2048
In the master section is only the klanghelm vu-meter, and then in the playback section sonarworks.

I managed to render one file today, but the next file (15 minutes later) made this crash so I switched to 9.5 again.

Thanks for helping!

Frode

What AMD CPU do you have? (just trying to find a pattern).

Hi,

AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 compute core 4C + 8G 3.50 GHZ

According to windows controlpanel.
It’s an older ASUS ROG gaming PC, and a new maschine should be top of my list, but theres always a new hardware compressor to buy…:slight_smile:

It’s an older ASUS ROG gaming PC, and a new maschine should be top of my list, but theres always a new hardware compressor to buy…> :slight_smile:

You are indeed driving a high-end audio device (Prism Lyra2) with a somehow slow computer. Well, this should work anyway, but I must say I did not test such configuration. But this gives me some hint about where to search.

Do you use at least some SSD?

Ops, that might be it?
I have an ssd system disk, and a normal disk as internal no 2. However, I’m using an external USB disk for project files and renders (backing up to Dropbox and backblaze).
This has always worked, and still works fine in 9.5, but does 10.01 somehow demand quicker disk access or something else changed with how the program streams to disk?
I’ll try to render to internal tonight and see if it solves the issue

Frode

Finally had time to test.
When I render to disk c, an ssd internal, it is working. I only checked a couple of renders, but then when rendering to the USB disk, again I got the problem with suddenly everything just garbling and making digital noise after some time.
you might want to do some tests to verify that usb2 disks are not recommended for render. Only backup.

Thanks,

Frode

you might want to do some tests to verify that usb2 disks are not recommended for render. Only backup.

It’s ok to render to an USB-2 disk if you don’t have real-time constrains (like External FX is, by nature)
And if you have an audio device that is also USB-2, that can only make things worse too.