Reason Rack Plugin and Midi CC7 data

Hey guys, I’ve posted this in a Reason forum, but since its a Cubase+Reason thing I’d love your ideas or help.

I’m trying to use reason rack plugins and can’t, for the life of me figure out how control the volume of the synths via midi. For all my other plugins I use a behringer bcf2000 (not as a hui) and have its 8 faders each control a different midi cc. This works as one would expect, when I move the first fader, mapped to cc7, the vsti’s respond to cc7 and volume changes. This doesn’t seem to be the case with the reason rack. I would love to be able to control the volume of the Reason rack volume with cc7, but for some reason the rack doesn’t respond. Do any of you have any solutions?

Thanks

Hi,

Does it work if you send MIDI CC7 from the track itself? Does the plug-in receive CC7?

You mean when I draw in the volume curve in the track? No, volume written into the track does not affect anything in the plugin.

Hi,

That means the Volume is not controlled by CC7 in this plug-in.

Is there anyway in the Reason rack to right click and learn Midi ? I don’t have the program but if you can control the rack with the controller then … Or open up the midi monitor ,move the rack control and see if any midi info is being sent and then reasign the controller to that message if there is one

Hi,

I wouldn’t expect the plug-in would send the MIDI data out.