Reastream plugin causing Cubase 11 to crash

Hello
For some time now I have been using the 64 bit version of Cuckous Reastream in Cubase 10.5.20 to record into OBS Studio no problem
Until I updated to version 11 of Cubase,I place Reastream onto the output of the main channel,work a new project/file save it and close down
Come back to the project and Cubase starts in Safe mode,and takes Reastream off!!
I have tried various ideas,and its given me a headache
And I just really don’t know whats causing this.I have deleted Restream and now Cubase 11 is working fine
And I have tried other solutions like Voicemeter ,but its a pain to set up
Anyone else here using Reastream plugin by Cuckous on a Windows 10 64 bit system having this issue and found a solution?
Strangely enough,Reastream works fine on my other DAW’s. But of course would love to upload some Cubase 11 videos to my Youtube channel
Be greatful for any help or advice,thanks

1 Like

Hi,

Could you attach the *.DMP file, to be able to double-check, if the crash happens in Cubase or the plug-in, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi Martin
Thank you
There are no crash dumps relating to Cubase 11, only relating to 10…5.20
going to check again see if Cubase 11 generates one
I have checked again, made a quick CPR file, named,saved it,closed it down.Then re started Cubase 11
I get the safe mode window pop up,I cancel it and Reastream plugin is there,on the main output as I left it
Really weird whats going on.Wish I had more experience to understand whats happening

Hi,

There should be a hint written in the “Safe Start Mode” dialog.

Hi Martin
Not seen one
Just completed several saves and closes.Safe mode did pop up intially.but I cancelled it
Cubase opened fine without Safe Mode. I am using Reastream 4 , version 64bit on the master out channel as an insert

Hi,

You can try to use Microsoft ProcDump utility, if this will generate a DMP file.

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Once Cubase becomes frozen, open the Task Manager, right-click to Cubase and click to Generate DMP file.

If this doesn’t work, use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 11:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase11

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Thanks Martin will try that
I have been testing Cubase 11,
Here is what I done

1. created a simple audio track for the mic, inserted a 4 channel Reastream (64bit) on the main output of the mixer
  2. Saved and closed the project and shut down Cubase .Started Cubase (it did start with safe mode first time round ,I cancelled this
  3. repeated the process saving a new version each time. Cubase now opens up with no safe mode and Restream plugin still on the main output channel
    No crashes so far,Martin
    Yet if I place Reastream in the insert of the control room,instead of the main stereo out of the mixer channel,and then save the project and open,Cubase goes into safe mode again,taking off Reastream plugin.
    Really don’t have knowledge to understand what is going on.
    Thanks again for your help.,will carry on with some testing

Hi,

This means, Cubase crashes only, if you use the plug-in on the Control Room bus. There are some plug-ins behaving like this.

Don’t you get any *.dmp file in this case, please?

Hi Martin
Happy New Year
I haven’t seen any dmp files.I have spoken to Chris Selim (Mixdownonline) he has the same issue as I do,even in version 10.5
So far Reastream is stable on the stereo out of the mixer
Going to try what you suggest,but haven’t had much time due to work

Hi,

I don’t know the plug-in. Just be aware please, if you use it on the Stereo Out channel, it will be part of the Mixdown. If you use it on the Control Room bus, then it’s applied just for the monitor purpose (of the specific bus).

Hi Martin
Yes I am aware
its for recording Cubase or any other Daw, sounds into OBS Studio,
I would remove it if I was doing a mixdown , as a precaution. but does not affect the overall mix anyway

Hi there.

I am just experimenting using Reastream as an insert on my Stereo Out but it crashes Cubase 11 even if I try to remove it or when I close the application.

Did you guys get any workaround for it?

Basically, I just want to use it for creating content online on Youtube/Facebook together with OBS. However, once I insert Reastream on Stereo Out, crashes occur.

Advice will be really welcome.
Thank you.
Cubase 11.0.10, Windows 10 Pro, UR28M

Hello. you simply have to save the settings that are usually used to transmit an OBS, by default in Cubase. in the plugin options that cubase offers us. and works. For some reason, cubase does not save that configuration in the next session, so if you save it as default, it will always open without a problem and cubase will not crash

1 Like

advice, always use it in the Control Room and forget about it. will always be there

1 Like

2 Likes

Where should I add it as insert on Control Room? Talkback, Reference or Monitors?

Thank you for your help

Hello,in the control Room,for example. Usually in the Master output

I mean, inside Control Room there few tabs options. I am not entirely sure in which one to add Reastrem.

Is it right?

Yes!!! That’s ok

1 Like

Forget about Reastream and use Sonobus instead !

2 Likes