Recommendations for more efficient string programming/arragement?

Hello! I often write string parts for various projects, but my current workflow is a bit tedious in some areas and I was hoping I could get some feedback on how I can speed things up a bit. Maybe there’s some key commands or not so obvious functions I’m missing?

So when I’m writing, I start with an ensemble patch from Native Instrument’s Session Strings Pro 2. I like being able to write each part all in one midi clip versus jumping between clips for each section. Once I’m finished writing all the parts, I then load up Spitfire’s Chamber Strings to layer it with the Session Strings. This is where my problem is: to get the most out of Chamber Strings, I use a separate patch for each section (violins, violas, etc) but this forces me to go through the original ensemble midi clip and separate each part, which I usually do by copy pasting the clip and removing the notes that aren’t for the intended section. This is quite time consuming, and I’m wondering if there’s a way to get around this. I thought maybe there’d be a key command to remove high or low harmonies, but I didn’t see anything like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If I have understood correctly-

As you are writing the original parts, assign a unique midi channel to all notes of each part. You will thereby be able to address those notes by coloring them by channel, or using the Logical Editor to extract them to new tracks.

There are many more ways to skin this cat (I’m a vegetarian though) so feel free to ask…

This is a great suggestion! I haven’t dived much into the Logic Editor yet so this is a good opportunity to learn more about it. I managed to figure out selection via channel and it looks like this will speed things up considerably. Thank you!