record and monitor through plugin on elements?

Im looking to simply record and monitor through a plugin on wavelab elements. Bought a copy of elements (in addition to wavelab pro) to be able to use my laptop as a recording device to capture the analog chain coming from the outputs of Cubase from my main computer analog summing device (and other analog gear) into wavelab elements on laptop.
I would like to experiment with using different stereo buss compressors on input and though I did not research it beforehand I thought this would be possible in Elements but can’t find a way to do it, any help?

I should mention that I’m currently running version 8 with both Pro and Elements but plan on updating to 9 especially if it will help this situation.

Thanks, Stephen

Im looking to simply record and monitor through a plugin on wavelab elements.

WaveLab Pro (not Elements), allows to use the Master Section plugin “Audio Input”. This is the only option.

Wow, that’s what I was afraid of, but seems to me to be a fairly basic thing to be able to do. I guess I could get another dongle but that kills the reason I bough Elements to begin with. My bad though, I should have checked first.

Thanks, Stephen