Record and Read-Write buttons vanish

Lately I’ve had the Record enable and Read-Write buttons vanish from the project window, sometimes several times a day. However they stay in the mixer. Any ideas as to why? Cubase 11.0.4

Hi,

Do you mean from the track list?

At the bottom of the track list, you can see some presets. Select the one you like.

Here’s a good example. The read write buttons were there an hour ago. Now they are gone. Sometime the record button disappears.

Ron

Hi,

It depends on the width of the Track list and on the given preset as I described above.

Hmmm, the template that I’ve used for several months now never changes the width of the track list and I never choose a preset. This is a sudden (few days ago) change. I can be working fine for several hours and suddenly the buttons go missing.

Hi Martin,
Any other ideas? Width of track list never changes. This morning it was the read/write buttons that vanished.

Hi,

have you tried to choose one of the Track Preset, please? The - button at the bottom of the track list.

I’ve chosen the standard. We’ll see what happens.

Thanks,

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

I chose the standard setting a few days ago. Things were fine. However the Record enable buttons have disappeared this morning. What could be causing this?

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

Hi,

Is the Standard preset still active, please?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for helping me. I have another question. Concerning the attached picture, how can I make the automation lines more visible? There is automation there but it is difficult to see.

Thanks so much,

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

Hi,

I’m sorry, I don’t see any automation curve on your screenshot.

The Automation lane color follows the track color.

There is some there, just difficult to see. Attached is a different picture. So there is no way to make the lane darker than the track color? It’s more easily visible on the darker track (blue) than lighter (yellow).

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

Hi,

No, it is not possible. Just make the background dark, if you want to use the light track colors.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for you help in the past. I’m looking to hire someone who can read Cubase crash reports to assess what is causing the crashes and make recommendations on how to improve the stability of my set-up. Do you do this or know of someone who does?

Thanks,

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

@ronpon If you create a new topic with your issues causing crashes and attach the crash report there, someone will have a look at it and give advice on how to proceed.