Record button set up question

Hi there. I’ve finally moved up to Cubase 10 Pro and I’m very glad I did. I was very used to Artist 7.5 but this version blows it all away.
Quick question. On my old set up, I had the record button set so that all I had to do was re-click on it to go back to the point that I was recording at to re-do my take. Is there an easy way of getting 10 Pro to do this? I just find it rather frustrating when recording in my home studio to have to go through the whole “go back to your start point and hit delete” thing. I often just want to be able to record and when I make a mistake, just one key click and I’m good to go.

Thanks in advance!
Jeremykeys

Hi there

There is a drop down menu at the left hand end of the transport that gives all the options for the behavior you require. Just can’t remember the precise way to get at it without being at my machine, someone here will know.

Best Regards, Dave

Thank you Dave, but I’m still having trouble getting my transport to operate the way that I would like it too. I can find the menu but I’m not quite sure what to do yet. Hopefully, as you said, someone here can point me in the right direction.
Thanks again!

Jeremykeys

Preferences , go to start on stop?

Hi again Jeremy, I’m almost certain there is a setting for it to do what you want p, as every so often I obviously press some kind of wrong key combination and end up with the behavior you require (and which I DON’T want). Dammit not at my machine again so can’t check.

Best Regards, Dave

Good news. Dave! It’s the “re-record mode” button in the drop down menu. Many thanks and I hope you’re having a great weekend!

Jeremykeys