Record drop out when multiple tracks end at once with FrEQ

Cubase 9.0.20
UR22mkII (Firmware 1.04, Driver 1.99)
24-bit, 96kHz, 128 samples buffer size, ASIO Guard Normal
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (fresh install, fully updated)
i7-3770K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, SSD

While recording, whenever multiple tracks end at once that all have the Frequency EQ enabled, I receive the message, “Recording Error: Audio drop out detected.” It is important to note that it only occurs while recording, if I am simply playing what I have already recorded it will not happen.

For example, let’s say I have multiple drum tracks that are recorded as straight audio with the Frequency EQ added in the inserts. HiHat, OpenHiHat. Kick, Snare, Tom, Claps. If the audio playing on all of these tracks ends at the exact same time while I am recording a new track, I receive the error. For example, if the audio goes for 4 bars, at the end of bar 4 I will get the error and my recording will stop. If I extend the audio to 6 bars, then I will get the error at the end of bar 6 and my recording will stop. Even if the tracks are muted I get the error.

If I stagger all the audio so that they do not end at the exact same time, then I will not get the error. If I record somewhere where no other tracks are present, it will record indefinitely with no error. If I disable the Frequency EQ on all the tracks, I will not get the error. If I remove the Frequency EQ and put the Curve EQ on all the tracks, I will not get the error. Same with the Studio EQ, no error. This is why it is leading me to believe it has something to do with the new Frequency EQ.

When watching the performance meter, I noticed that the “average load” meter spikes all the way to the max when multiple Frequency EQ tracks end at the exact same time while recording. However, when playing, even with many tracks and recording. it never reaches above 10% as long as multiple Frequency EQ enabled tracks do not end at once. It is only when multiple Frequency EQ enabled tracks end at the same time that it occurs. I have been testing this, and it appears that the “average load” meter reaches the peak when I have around 8 or more tracks, all with the Frequency EQ insert enabled, end at once. The “real-time peak” meter never goes above 10%.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? I have been messing with this all day and am truly confused. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. At this point I am not sure if it is user error or a bug. I hope what I am saying makes sense… let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!