Record In Editor Still Turns Off in Cubase 10

This was an issue in Cubase 9.5 and continues into Cubase 10. Have the Key Editor with “record in editor” enabled opened in a separate window but NOT the focused window, save your project, reopen Cubase, and “record in editor” is now disabled. See the original topic below:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=146969

Please fix!

No!!! Really? Sigh

Yes, unfortunately. :frowning: Although, I didn’t expect it to be fixed in 10 since you and I recently reported it.

Fair point. :slight_smile:

It would be nice if a Steinberg employee could let us know if this is a bug or design. If it’s the latter, then can you have a preference to keep “record in editor” permanently on?

Bump

Actually, this annoying thing was new in Cubase 9.0, and I reported the issue to the support folks directly back then. This shouldn’t be a news. :frowning:
I had a hope it’s fixd in the new version, but alas…

I’ve been emailing with support about this. Supposedly, it’s a feature, not a bug. The only way this will be addressed is if a feature request is submitted to make it a preference to keep “record in editor” perminately on.

Have you sent a feature request in the C10 forum? If so, let me know and I’ll “+1” it :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sure if the rep I was speaking with was going to forward my email to the developers, so I went ahead and created a request. Here you go:

Cool, added +1!