Recorded track is delayed . . .

Hi Folks,
I’m fairly new to Cubase. I have Cubase 6 and an MR816CSX interface. My problem is that I have a time delayed recorded track after I record. I get around the problem by moving the newly recorded tracks ahead by picking it up until it sounds reasonably in time (estimation). I’m pretty sure this isn’t normal and there is a fix for it. I would appreciate your help.

Hi, and welcome! More info is needed to troubleshoot. What kind of track? Audio, MIDI, VST Instrument etc… Delayed compared to what? What system? OS? Interface buffer setting? etc.

Hi Arjan,
There is a delay in the audio tracks. It is delayed compared to the clic track and midi tracks (instrument tracks) I have a Mac OS X, version 10.6.8; 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5: Memory is 4GB MHz DDR3. The interface is a "Steinberg advanced integration DSP Studio MR 816CSX.
I don’t know how to find the ‘interface buffer setting’.

I don’t know the interface, but buffer settings are important for a low latency. It should be found by opening the interface controls from the VST Connections window in Cubase, where you can also see your current latency. Make sure you record the audio while listening to it directly from the interface, so not from the ‘monitor’ button on the track (that would mean it goes in and out of the software first).