Recorded vocals lagging during playback?

You need to specify how many samples you got.

Hello! So I’ve had the opportunity to try this a couple times actually. Opening a brand new empty template, recording to just the metronome and in my headphones, I sound on tempo, but during playback, it is off tempo.

Can you clarify what you mean?

If you dont have a consistent behaving soundcard you can measure that. It is most likely not. But then you have added the measured latency into cubase it should be consistent. It might have real time latency but the recording should be sample accurate.

I understand. When you look at the actual waveform displayed after recording, do the peaks line up with the grid? If so, I would guess the problem is more related to playback than recording. Just trying to narrow things down.

Hello! I’ve had a chance of zooming in and taking a look over the past couple of days cause I was curious myself and unfortunately, it does not. I’ve plugged in my old computer to record and everything is fine so that’s why at first I thought it was my interface since its compatible with XP and has the latest driver updates possible that still are compatible with XP but not so much Windows 10 I don’t think. I’m a newbie when it comes to troubleshooting DAWs so please excuse me if I seem to come off like I know what I’m talking about or arrogant. I’m just explaining my thought process in some possible reasons why I myself think this could be happening and explaining it to all of you to see if my reasons are far off, or possible.

Have you tried the Tascam 2.05 driver on the new computer? I’m running out of ideas. I get the feeling something isn’t set up correctly, but I’m not sure what it might be. Do you have, or know anyone who has, a different interface you could test with on this computer?

Hello! Yes, I’ve downloaded the latest firmware which was 2013 and update from 2014.

I’ve reverted all setting back to default so everything is factory resetted as far as Cubase settings go.

I know what can solve your problem in 1min :smiley: i had the same issue every time I’m recording.

1-on the screen top right you see one button click on it then click on * constrain delay compensation * and turn it on.
2- on the top left of the screen you see one clock inside one circle. Click on it and it turns orange.
problem fixed :smiley: :smiley: