Okay the title of this was hard to define.
Environment - Win 10, Cubase 9.5, Moog Subsequent 37, Maschine (not that relevant), i7 8700k CPU etc, Motu 624 (Sub 37 audio out to Analog 3 input)
- I am recording Sub37 midi notes to a Cubase midi track.
- I have an audio track in mono which listens to ANALOG 3 on the Motu 624
- I can record audio either by playing live or midi generated notes that point at the Sub37 to the mono audio track
- I can apply effects to the recorded audio track, no problems
- All effects are VST in the box no external devices or hardware side chaining
What I can not do, is:
- play the Sub 37 keyboard
- audio output to Analog 3 input on the Motu
- present that audio to a mono channel in Cubase with effects
- ONLY hear the post effect version as I play
If I press the speaker icon on the audio track (next to record button) I think I am hearing a blend of original DRY and the post effect WET. Unsure.
I am pretty sure what I am asking is can I play my analog synth IN to cubase but have it spit out only the post effect audio, but still OF COURSE record the dry audio.