Recording audio

hi, i just upgraded to 10.5 and i notice when recording an audio track the recording is broken up into smaller sections instead of one long audio section which it did previously. How do i get it back to the previous method so i don’t have all these smaller audio sections on the track?
any help is appreciated. thanks

Hi,

Cubase should record the very same way as before. Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

tried that but can’t get it into safe mode. start cubase and immediately hit ctrl/shift/alt but it continues on into normal startup

The manual says:

To open the Safe Start Mode dialog, launch Cubase, and when the splash screen appears, hold down Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-Alt.

But try this:

hold down Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-Alt and then launch Cubase!

Hi,

This is the Safe Start Mode…

Yo cannot first hold down the combination of the keys, then some Windows function is triggered, which cause Cubase doesn’t opens. But at the other hand, it’s too late, if you hold down the combination after the splash screen appears. Just double-click Cubase icon and immediately hold down the modifiers combination. This is the right and only one way.