recording automation to audio track via MIDI cc# - Amplitube

It seems like such a simple idea - to record automation data to an audio track via my master keyboard via the expression pedal in real time and have it play back…

Here’s the deal - I want to record expression pedal parts like wah, volume and pitch shifting in real time using my expression pedal attached to my Novation Impulse, and using IK Multimedia’s Amplitube 4 as my plug-in, and then have that information play that back.

Problem is, how do I set this up to work? I notice in the Transport that the pedal (using MIDI CC#11 as the output) is showing activity when I rock it. But there are no options in the automation track to use this. I figured out how to use parameters in both Cubase and Amplitube to set up the wah, but that only allows me to record the information after I record my part, as there is no way I can play the guitar and use the mouse to rock the pedal in real time, unless I grew a third arm :slight_smile:

And by the way, I have set up the wah patches in Amplitube’s stand-alone version, and it does work when I rock the pedal.

Is there a way to do this? How do I set this up so I can use my expression pedal. I’ve gone over the owner’s manual but it’s clear as mud in this regard. I really want to be able to do this a way a guitarist does this in real life and not have to add the info later post-record. Thoughts?