Recording Flex Phraser activation/de-activation

Is there a way to record the activation/de-activation of the Flex Phraser? I had tried doing so using the Read/Write function, but it does not seem to work. If it is not a feature, I would like to request it as one.

Not that I know of. It is not an “automatable” parameter. But, if I remember correctly, you may be able to use the trigger pads to recall different “scenes” with the FlexPhraser on or off and assign them to a key or pad on your controller. You could also use two different programs, loaded into different slots, each setup the way you need, like different articulations of an instrument.

Hmm, interesting idea. I’ll give that a shot. What I’m trying to do is be able to play live while recording.

You should definitely be able to trigger the changes live. Let me know if you get stuck and I can take a closer look.

So I gave it a try, but I wasn’t able to trigger it. I couldn’t find an on/off in the remote section. Perhaps there is another way to do so. I’ll continue experimenting …

I took a look at it also. I was able to change the FlexPhraser variations with the Trigger Pads and assign keys or pads on my controller to switch to those different FlexPhraser variations BUT I was not able to turn the FlexPhraser on and off using that technique. I think the only way to do that is to load two programs in the rack. One with the FlexPhraser on and one with the FlexPhraser off. Then use MIDI to change the programs back and forth from the controller.
HTH
J.L.

That’s an interesting solution. It could give rise to some neat playability ideas, too. Rather than convert the ongoing sound into one that is arpeggiated, I would perhaps fade one out and the other in.

Thanks again!!

This was bugging me for a long time.

I just found out by accident.
You can map Flex Phraser on/off button to a quick control and then use the automation.

(Or right click and Learn CC)