I have followed the inter app movie tutorial using the monologue as an example. When I have created the midi track to control the monologue how then do I record the monologue output into an audio track for mixdown? If I set up an audio track and press record, audio from the ipad mic is recorded.
- Create a MIDI track in Cubasis
- Open the instrument browser to the left and expand the IAA-category
- Choose Nanologue
- Use the IAA icons to switch between Cubasis / Nanologue (e.g. choose a preset etc.)*
- Open the keyboard in Cubasis
- Start recording…
- Pull down the IAA tab in Nanologue to make its controls become visible
Please have a look at Cubasis’ In-App Help (Accessories/Inter-App Audio) for more details.
Thanks for your reply. I was trying to turn the nanologue into an audio track so that I could close down the nanologue app or even use it again for another track. I found this work around.
How to turn an inter app midi track into an audio track (using nanologue as an example)
- Set up an inter app connection as you describe
- Play the cubasis keyboard to record the nanologue part as MIDI
- Freeze the track, this creates an audio track of the nanologue
- Delete the MIDI track. This will disconnect the nanologue from inter app
- You can then create another midi track using the nanologue and a fresh inter app connection
- Repeat if you want to add more nanologue tracks
Tip: I have found that on older iPads 2 and 3 it might be necessary to close any apps running in the background if you encounter any performance issues.
thanks for the additions.
Please note that IAA has some limitations and pitfalls to be considered.
We have covered these more in-depth in the In-App help of Cubasis (Accessories/Inter-App Audio/Limitations of Inter-App Audio routing).