Recording in Arranger Mode (can we?)

Hi guys,

Is there a setting that will allow [looped] recording in Arranger mode? If so, please point me in the right direction (or advise me of an intuitive alternative). If not, that’s a necessity, IMHO.

Still on the subject of the Arranger, tweaking a plugin from the mixer window seems to invariably move the timeline from the current loop to the next (or another) Arranger loop.

I’m on Cubase Pro 9.5.10 (trial, but not for long if I can help it).

1 Like

It’s called lanes. Activate it with the small button on the track just right of R and W automation buttons.

I know about lanes…that’s the whole point of my question. I want to be able to make use of the lanes by recording in looped mode, using the Arranger (see my video).

Set the locators to the length you want to cycle record and turn Transport Cycle on. That’s how it’s done in Cubase. Arranger mode is for something else.

Here’s the thing about the locators (and I test when I get home, later)… You can’t just draw in a ‘cycle’, like you can in Arranger mode. Furthermore, the advantage the Arranger loop has is that you can easily move it to another section of your arrangement and easily drag either end to extend it.
Gonna put this in as a feature request.
Anyway, “something else”?

You can draw a a range with the range tool which will the cycle will follow if you set that pref, and you can drag the range selection and the cycle.

Hey,
Have you ever found a way to make it work?

I’m currently working on turning my Cubase into a live Looper, and this would be the last step to perfect it! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it is still imposible to record continuosly following the arranger track. This is a must needed feature for live looping, yet it seems that Cubase 12 offers no solution.

2 Likes