Recording incoming MIDI Program Change messages

Glad the misty weather is clearing up! :stuck_out_tongue:
(however, reading back your original post… and my original reply to it… it is not impossible that, in addition to your learning curve, there was indeed an instantiation problem (which I experienced also), that also eventually cleared itself up… just as happened to me! :wink: )

Aha. Now we’re getting somewhere. That’s probably because you are using the VST3 version of VEP. Solution: use the VST2 version instead.

DG

Yo, Vic. Where da heck did dis guy come from !? :smiley:

DG, you may have hit the nail on the head, but please feel free to elaborate on why this would be an issue. I believe some education is in order. :slight_smile:

I will be trying that out today, but wanted to respond to what I just read, and to thank you for the stray tidbit. I’ll be reading up on that as well.

. . . and it’s refreshing to get some new blood in the strand here. :wink:

Just saw your posts on the VSL forum. That explains everything. I guess I will have to stick with VSTv2 (or perhaps AU)

What a rabbit hole chase this has been ! Who’d a thunk it!?

Everything is working like a charm. Thank you gentlemen. For me, the biggest thing was the last comment by TG that VST3 has a different preset selection system, and doesn’t support Program Change.

:unamused: