Recording midi output via midi footswitch.

Hi all,

I’m using Cubase LE 6, I’m considering an upgrade to 10 but I’m not sure if it will be worth it for me, I don’t really know how to use it too much. However it might help me solve a problem I’ve got right now, I’m not sure. I have a midi footswitch (Behringer FCB1010) and I want Cubase to record each patch when the relevant switch is pressed. I thought I’d need two midi tracks and two audio tracks and set Guitar Rig 5 as an insert with each patch set on the relevant track. Its not working though. It only seems to record one preset or the other. Anyone got any idea on this? Could it be my version is just old and doesn’t support what I’m trying to do?

Simply put, the question is. How can I record and playback the sounds I play via the footswitch?

The footswitch itself appears to be setup correctly, Guitar Rig 5 has learned them and pressing the footswitches selects the relevant preset.

I’m using the following equipment:
Berhinger FCB1010 footswitch
Komplete audio 6 (computer/guitar interface)
Guitar Rig 5
Cubase LE 6 (DAW)

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you,

CaptainChainsaw

Hi,

As far as I know, Behringer FCB1010 is a basic MIDI controller. So you can record the MIDI data to a MIDI track. Or if you automate any plug-in by using it, you can enable Automation Write to make sure the automation is “recorded”.

If you are not sure to update or not (I would recommend it, at least to keep your Cubase up-tp-date with the current operating systems), you can download Cubase Elements 10 Trial.