I know I’m doing something fundamentally wrong. I’m hoping if I run through what I’ve done someone can spot the flaw.
- I open a Blank template project
- I go under the ‘Devices’ header and select ‘VST Instruments’
- I select my plug-in and ‘Create an Assigned MIDI track’ after I’m prompted
- My output reads '1 - ‘Name of Plug-in’ - Midi Out
- My input reads '1 - ‘Name of Plug-in’ - Midi In
- Under Channel it’s defaulted at 1 but I’ve tried all options
- I bring the Plug-in up (Nepheton-drum machine) and I can hear the audio and see the waveform move
- I arm the ‘Record Enable’ function in the track and click on the ‘Transport Record’
- Nothing is recorded. I’ve tested multiple plug-ins with the same results.
Am I not arming something within the plug-in itself or do I have my track configured all wrong? Please really spell it out for me. I’m not technically inclined in this respect. Thanks!