So, I play in a lot of my own parts, using VSTs (VSL, Kontakt etc). Lots of MIDI recording with breath controllers etc.
I can do multiple takes, and using the MIDI record ‘stacked’ mode, each take gets assigned its own lane. All fine. However, what if I take a break between recordings? I can’t seem to work out how to record a new lane without the last recorded lane playing back.
Here’s an example:
- Record in a flute part using VSL/breath controller. After 3 takes I’m happy (at least I think I am)
- Go make a coffee, celebrate what a great composer I am
- Decide I actually suck, and that flute part needs re-thinking/re-recording
- Try and record a new lane on the instrument track.
- Previous last recorded lane insists on playing back while I’m trying to record, making life difficult.
Thanks for any advice in improving my workflow.