Recording second audio track

Hi guys

I have recorded primary audio track ok but when I try to record second audio track to overlay vocals etc. the second track contains the audio from track one? How do I record second track with only the new vocals in it so I can manipulate levels etc independently?

David

Hi David,

Please let us have more details about the topic:
Do you record on the same or a different track?

In addition, please have a look at our Getting started with Cubasis clip, which shows how to use the app in a full song project example. Please note that the clip description includes quick markers allowing to jump to several topics directly.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars. Yes I add another audio track and record on that separately whilst playing track 1. Track 2 then contains new recording plus content of track 1 so I can’t edit separately??

David

Hi Hunter27152,

This sounds to me like cross-talk (signal of first track is played-back, audible and therefore gets recorded on new track).
Do you use an audio device with Cubasis, and perform the recording similar to what’s shown in the clip?

Best,
Lars

No I use headphones

Cross-talk, caused by the audio played back through the headphones?

Just mute the first audio track while recording the second audio track.

Thanks for reply. But then I can’t hear the first track to harmonise with?

Wondering where I can get a manual for iOS Cubasis 3

Hi Hunter27152,

Thanks for reply. But then I can’t hear the first track to harmonise with?

Firstly, we suggest to use a dedicated class-compliant audio interface with Cubasis, to create pro-grade recordings.
In addition, it might make sense to use a closed headphone to avoid cross-talk.

To get a better understanding how to use Cubasis, please have a look at our dedicated Getting started with Cubasis clip.

Wondering where I can get a manual for iOS Cubasis 3

Cubasis comes with its in-app help, which can be easily accessed via tapping the “Help” button located top right in the app interface.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars

Finally found it. Using Yamaha mg10xu as interface and USB input has little red button “to mon or to st”. Set to st (meaning stereo I presume) track 1 plays into new track 2. Set to mon (monitor?). Fixed issue with track 2 now independent and only containing overdub. Bloody little buttons. Anyhow thanks for your follow up

David

Glad to read you’ve been able to solve the issue, Hunter27152!
Thanks for the update!

Best,
Lars