Recording with hardware synths and VST's in Essential 5

Also, during the actual exportation process (as depicted in the photo) should I hear any sound? Because as the process is taking place, I hear the entire drumline (granted it is at super high speeds) playing through my speakers and nothing from the Nexus, yet when I playback the file after it has been exported, all I hear is the portion from Nexus. Something seems weird…

Take all solos off, do not have any tracks record enabled and make sure all monitor buttons are off. Also make sure any automation write buttons are off. It’s ok to have tracks you don’t want playing muted.

Also if you are using any sound from an external keyboard or sound module you will have to record them as audio tracks in Cubase first.

I am in fact. I’ve a Korg Triton I am using in conjunction with some VSTi’s…how do I go about recording those tracks as audio?

The thing is MIDI is not audio so all you have for the Triton in Cubase are midi tracks, that will just send the data back to the Triton and play the Triton. Cubase has no Idea what noise the Triton is making.

You will need to setup some Audio tracks in Cubase and record the Tritons audio.

Refer to the getting started manual on how to setup your Input connections, make audio tracks and record audio.

Banes first post in this thread kind of covers it too.

Another thing to try is solo the Triton, and mute all other tracks. Then export that. Hear anything? It seems that all MIDI tracks in the view of your screenshot are muted during export, save for the ones saying Nexus. Split is correct; it would be a good idea to turn off automation (especially volume). Which Cubase sounds are you using with the Triton? All I see are Nexus tracks. :confused:

Nee, you’ll see right in the middle of the Nexus tracks there are 3 Midi tracks from the Triton…I’m only using drumkits.

From HalionOne, right?

From HalionOne, right?

Nee, from the Triton, that HalionOne is just a demo I d/led but never use because it’s just a trial. I’ve actually just had some success recording the Midi to an audio track and then attempting to export the entire mixdown with the Nexus tracks, which solved the problem of only playing the Nexus tracks when I play it back in Windows, but now I am only getting the Triton sounds out of my left speaker and not both, nor am I getting any input feedback in the transport panel. I wonder where I’ve gone wrong setting things up. Maybe I have the in/out cables backwards? Or maybe the L/R mono cables are backwards? Does that sound like it could be the problem?

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. How do you have a HalionOne trial? That comes built in with Cubase. Nevertheless, I would try using a VSTi’s sounds with the Triton, and that could potentially point us to the problem with recording MIDI. I would definitely check that your cables are set correctly! I wouldn’t say that would mess something like this up; your Triton probably wouldn’t be recognized by Cubase at all! As far as the sound in one side goes, you will need to, of course, confirm that your internal and external connections are solid. I would check that track’s channel to make sure that the panner is neutral. Also, try bypassing your inserts (some of them such as amplifiers and reverb can make the signal a little lopsided.)

I guess the primary question is: how does your audio track’s connections look? I’m not able to record MIDI to audio (probably cause I route my keyboard through USB rather than an interface like you are), so I have no idea how these connections look or are working out.