Red Wine And Brownies

Has he heard this? How could he not come over!?

Unless he’s got jealousy issues, I think your mixing and arranging skills should be enough for him to be beating a path to your door.

(Lovely song whether he does or not)

Steve.

Well, maybe it’s me! Anyway, he knows the song, since we do play it if and when we ever get together… One day.

I’ve updated Red Wine and Brownies with a number of small improvements, which you probably won’t notice (unless you’ve listened to it as often as I have!). Little changes in the piano, a little more compression on the master, tweaks all over the place, etc. Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions so far. I’m happier with it.

Also went into the tweak rat hole on Same Old Dawn, and put up a new version of that. Changed the drums to NI Studio Drummer (the badly needed improvement - that’s what was bothering me), then went into tweak land for hours over several days to get it better balanced and smoother. The cereal bowl is still in there! Hopefully I’ll leave that one alone for a while. Anyway, it’s more fun than yard work.

You can find them here, first and second in the list:

the guitar work has great theme lines for both tracks, a precise uplift in your playing. “wine and brownies” has a nice bit of latin flavour that really enhances the track, not sure if I got that full impact the 1st time.
“old dawn” has that very catchy melodic hook I dig, and that cool little bass spot adds to the track also.

really cool fretwork on both early, forgot to mention that harmonizing section, that was excellent!!!

I really like this – very simple underlying concept but with some great, tasty playing on top. Would that more Smooth Jazz displayed this kind of intelligence :sunglasses:

Well,

truth is I can’t remember what’s changed - but I no longer hear a gap waiting for a piano solo. Beautifully polished and lovely playing.

Steve.

Thanks twilightsong. Appreciate the comments. Didn’t realize I had moved into the smooth jazz realm, but you’re right…

Steve, it didn’t change that much, but thanks for commenting!