Reduced Font Legibility especially in Menus

Anyone else noticing this?

I see youre running windows 10? Have you tried re-adjusting your Cleartype preferences?

"You’ll need to launch the ClearType Text Tuner. Hit Start, type “cleartype,” and then select “Adjust ClearType text.” To turn ClearType on or off, just select or clear the “Turn on ClearType” option and then click “Next.”

Yes, you are absolutely right. I see it too. Question is, why did Steinberg change it and make it worse?

Have you tried re-adjusting your Cleartype preferences?

It’s not a Cleartype problem.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I see it too. Question is, why did Steinberg change it and make it worse?

I think they changed it to make Cubase HiDPI-ready.

Yes I noticed it immediately and I was very disappointed after all the hype about 10 being clearer and easier on the eyes when quite the opposite is the case. I need to stand and correct myself since activating HiDPI in preferences and changing display back to 125%, also tweaking some colors the clarity has improved no end. Black however is still taboo for me as my eyes just start watering within five minutes of looking at it. Yup most probably an old farts thing but there you go.

It looks like that Steinberg scaled down the resolution. Also the trackpictures display the wrong way now. See picture attached: