Refresh audio devices

I opened a new audio device during a session in Dorico. Is there any way that Dorico recognizes the new device without restarting the program?

Preferences>Play>MIDI Input devices… check the ones that you need.

It’s an audio device, not a midi device. But checking the devices doesn’t help. The new audio device, which I opened after starting Dorico, isn’t listed without restarting the program.

Yes, I think Dorico scans for audio devices only at startup. I could be wrong, but the documentation does not seem forthcoming on this question.

Dorico does indeed only detect audio devices when it first starts up, so you will need to restart the application to see the new device listed.

FR: It would be nice to have a button " Refresh devices".

4 Likes

Yes–this is happening to me more lately. It would be nice to be able to turn the audio engine off and on to reset audio output.

3 Likes

I typically change audio interfaces multiple times a day, depending on whether I’m working at my desk with my monitors, or using my headphones or my AirPods in another room.
It would be a huge time saver to be able to press a button to rescan peripherals, right now I practically have to decide in advance when I’ll have to restart the program. Dorico was made from the start with mobile setups in mind, so that would make total sense to me…

2 Likes