Regarding Rehearsal Marks

fantastic – I’ll look into that. It’s not actually that bad all things considered – i’m on tunes 16-20 of a 20 tune project so the bulk of the work is behind. But we’ll be doing another one of these soon so it will be a good opportunity to fiddle with the import settings. thank you!

1 Like

Another way to access the documentation that corresponds to the version of the app that you have is to go through the app itself: from the top set of menus, choose Help > Dorico Help to open that version’s manual in a web browser.

I think it is fair to say that the original logo for the v1 manual is sufficiently vague as to be not-quite-helpful these days now there are multiple versions, but going back and changing that isn’t as simple as it look. Hopefully when we are able to implement our global method of informing users that a more recent version is available (which would apply to all products and all versions), that will cover that use-case anyway.

Dragging this thread back to its original premise from three years ago, I would still welcome the option to turn off collision avoidance for things like rehearsal marks, playing techniques and instrument change labels. :wink:

2 Likes

And Lines.

jesper

I recently had a bar with a high note marked staccatissimo (wedge), a downbow, an 8va line, a tempo change, a divisi marking, and a rehearsal mark, all stacked in one rhythmic position. I’d have loved the option to disable the collision avoidance for at least some of them, especially the rehearsal mark, bulky by nature.

1 Like