Regarding Vocaloid

Hello!

I’ve not bought Dorico yet (I will as soon as I comfortably can afford to do so, however), but I’m simply wondering how easy it would be to work with vocaloid software (through VSTs most likely). As in, would it be easy to add to the score, and have the music from the vocaloid software and Dorico play simultaneously, as it does with various other DAWs?

Thank you in advance!

At the moment Dorico does not support Vocaloid, yet, but in theory technically it would be possible.
I was involved in the integration of Vocaloid into Cubase, so I know the what would be required, but there would be quite some work necessary to get it also into Dorico.
I’m sure that at some point in the future we will get Vocaloid support in Dorico, but among so many other things on the list, it has certainly low priority.

Ulf, whom do I contact at Yamaha/Vocaloid to to help get Vocaloid’s U.S./English pronunciation to be more realistic (initial consonants & the English “oo” sound, for example)?
:slight_smile:

Hi Derrek, if you send me your e-mail address to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’, I’ll forward your request to an appropriate person at Yamaha.