registration, licensing, activation FAILS

1. trying to open new cubase elements 8 from my new laptoip, i get the message ‘No valid license found. The program will quit now.’ So, I click ‘start license activation’. I enter the activation I got by email (the ‘key’ in the box below appears) and click continue but I get yet another message saying ‘no license to upgrade selectable’. A typical catch-22 in my opinion.

Elements 8 I downloaded is an upgrade since I already have elements 7, but on an older computer. I have installed elements 8 on my new laptop.

1. Now, when I look in ‘my products’ (steinberg page), I see my Elements 7 is activated and has been so since 28/08/2013.

2. When I look into eLicensers I see 3 licenses, 2 of which have no product attached to it (one may be my first Cubase 1.x).

3. I have tried Maintenance several times in the eLicenser Control Center (which is up to date) and nothing happens.

4. I have tried entering the activation code many times as well, nothing happens.

So, now what???

Please help soon. Thank you.

i am having the same issue with Elements 9 after upgrade and moving to a new PC …the support sucks and i have been waiting days now with no response and i am wondering did you ever get to the bottom of it?