Regular Crashing when saving..

Since upgrading to 6.5 I seem to be getting a lot of crashes when saving projects leaving half saved corrupt projects. it mostly happens when saving at the same time as playing, but occasionally the autosave can trigger this also.

just a bit strange really, anyone else experiencing similar?

Just returning to music to video work again. Have updated all software to current versions. When I go to save a project I am getting a complete crash everytime. Sometimes I get a ‘cubase has stopped working’ pop up other times the screen just flashes off. It happens as soon as I navigate anywhere within the save dialogue box or sometimes as soon as the save dialogue box opens. I can’t even get as far as making a new folder for example.

Any ideas? Just checking here before going to support. Many thanks.

your issue is slightly different to mine, mine appears to happen when saving the project whilst it is playing, it results in a corrupt project most of the time…

Trashed your prefs lately? Updated Quicktime?

Yup just done that, no change.

Sorry, as this is a different problem to the OP, I’ll start a new thread.

Would both of you please post your LOG files here? We can then find the culprit. :slight_smile:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: Cubase6.exe
Application Version: 6.5.1.117
Application Timestamp: 4f3e2760
Fault Module Name: MemAPI_UR28M.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4eb77a0d
Exception Offset: 0000000006ca4934
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

I’m no expert at reading these, but have you tried switching you drivers?

I have the latest yamaha steinberg drivers - v1.10

You might try the ASIO4ALL driver. As I said earlier, I’m no expert at decoding those things, so you may need to send that in to tech support. But when it says Fault Module Name: MemAPI_UR28M.dll_unloaded, I would say that this is something to do with your interface, most likely the driver.