Rehearsal Marks across Flows

Is there a way to continue the sequence of rehearsal marks across flows? For example, Flow 1, the 1st movement, ends with section “F”. I want movement 2’s first rehearsal marking to be “G”. Same with numbers. Can Movement 2 begin with measure 247?

In the properties panel (cmd/ctl 8), you can change the index number when you start “numbering”, when the mark is selected. This way, you can start your rehearsal marks at G (index=7) for the second flow :wink: Hope it helps !

Perfect! Thank you very much!

Has this not been implemented? I am working on musical theatre and would like the rehearsal marks to continue between flows. I am in the composing stage and don’t know yet where and how many rehearsal marks there will be per flow.

There’s nothing automatic on this front, no.

thanks for confirming!

I’ll put in a voice (I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere before) in favor of an automatic system for continuous numbering, but still keeping the manual index number override too. I’d hate to see that go away, because none of us can imagine every scenario, and maybe, even with an option for automatic continuous numbering, somebody might need to set it manually for some reason or other.